O.K. That's enough now! After about 30 cms of snow fell yesterday ... and several snow clearing trips were made outside to shovel the driveway and clear off the cars and deck .... I can, in all seriousness, say that we have had enough snow for this year! Unfortunately, the snow gods don't seem to be listening. There have been intermittent snow flurries again today and they are calling for more of the same for tomorrow.

If it were December, we would be thrilled. There is definitely something special about the holiday season spent under a blanket of snow. All the Christmas lights reflecting off the white stuff, making snow angels, searching for the keys you have accidentally dropped while walking up the front walk to a friend's party.... But it is March, and I, personally, would rather be searching for crocuses!

I guess it is only the little ones who are still enthralled with all this powder ... although now that the banks are over many of their heads, it has begun to pose a bit of a hazard. Maybe in a few years, when boots aren't so hard to walk in and her snowsuit no longer turns her into a pink marshmallow, she will feel differently! It was a snow day -- with all the area schools closed after all!! I am sure that brought a smile to many young faces!

For our part ..... snow gods ---> Feel free to move on!

If it were December, we would be thrilled. There is definitely something special about the holiday season spent under a blanket of snow. All the Christmas lights reflecting off the white stuff, making snow angels, searching for the keys you have accidentally dropped while walking up the front walk to a friend's party.... But it is March, and I, personally, would rather be searching for crocuses!

I guess it is only the little ones who are still enthralled with all this powder ... although now that the banks are over many of their heads, it has begun to pose a bit of a hazard. Maybe in a few years, when boots aren't so hard to walk in and her snowsuit no longer turns her into a pink marshmallow, she will feel differently! It was a snow day -- with all the area schools closed after all!! I am sure that brought a smile to many young faces!
For our part ..... snow gods ---> Feel free to move on!

6 comments:
yes, I have also had it with the snow!!! I just adore that picture of Aveleen!!!
I am done with snow.
What a cute snow bunny!
Keep smilin!
According to the newspaper, we didn't actually get a winter this year. But that's fine with me! However, we've had lots of rain lately, but also the occasional spring day. Yesterday it was 16° and we drank our coffee outside on the patio in just T-shirts. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop...
Can you send a little of that snow to Georgia? I haven't seen any this winter!
What a cute picture of the kiddo. I love snow, but we don't get much of it around here. It was in the 60's today.
Great to see that Aveleen is helping you to shovel all that snow. Aveleen looks happy, rosy cheeked, and very cute in her lovely pink snow suit. That pink hat is priceless and yours is pretty smart as well, Ol. We actually DO have crocuses in bloom - remember that you are welcome here any time you get tired of shoveling! Much love.
Nai Nai and Ye Ye.
Post a Comment