Saturday, January 14, 2006

China -- en vidéo

I know that some of you have already had the 'pleasure' of coming over to our place to see our photos of our trip to China to adopt our daughter (did we warn you that we took over 600 pictures and have about 3 hours of video BEFORE you were invited over?????) :)

For those of you who live out of town, aren't silly enough to agree to come over to look at our photos, or would simply prefer to view them on their own time ..... And in limited quantity .... We invite you to take a look at the video we have made for Aveleen. This way you only have to commit about 12 minutes of your time and don't have to listen to us tell you how fabulous it was after every 10 pictures! Ideal, non??

I can assure you that the video really doesn't do the trip justice, as I don' t think anything could. Over the course of three weeks, we were awed, stressed, jet lagged, thrilled, sick, anxious, confused, mystified, overjoyed and fell in love with our daughter while in China. How will we ever top that? Here's to a dream come true ......



If you have a slow internet connection, hit pause and watch for the grey bar to show that it is loaded, before playing the video.

Here's a link to this movie... If you so need.....
http://www.youtube.com/?v=UG66Dl7geUg

7 comments:

Yvette said...

That was absolutely amazing! I actually cried with joy for you guys. What a wonderful gift to Aveleen. (It was good seeing your brothers again too!)

Anonymous said...

She's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

You guys did a great job on the video -- measured by all the crying I did while watching it! Aveleen is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful record of your first meeting with Aveleen. I wish you all good health and happiness. Janet Ankcorn

Anonymous said...

Oliver, Lisa and Aveleen,
A terrific video! Aveleen is such a beauty. Welcome to the family little one.
Love Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Dennis ---oops guess that's
GREAT aunt and uncle now

Anonymous said...

Great video, she's definitely a cutie we look forward to meeting her in person soon.

Carla and Derek

glo said...

OK So do you happen to have stock in Kleenex? The video just touched my heart all the way through. Two things were happening for me, a young couple who has a clue what my daughter and son in law are going through, took the time and effort to encourage another young couple they have neer met, but know better than all of us who love them, what this journey is actually like!!!! I found your video because you took the time to find Eli'as Journey and sign her book leaving me a link to here. I started to cry as they handed you Aveleen and I saw Mom kiss her, I still cry as I write this...no one can take her out of your arms again becasue she is NOT yours, because she is yours forever!!!!. I heard a chineses voice say "Family" in the background, more tears. I saw Mom face her towards Dad and the three were united in time forever... And on it went, the songs, the pictures, captured my heart. You are a beautiful family. Thank You for helping me to find your story. Thank You for taking time in all your business with your little one, to help another along the road you remember so very well. I continue to pray for the day when no one can take Elia out of my daughter's arms again!!!!