Monday, December 04, 2006

Morning Exercises

Hey, maybe this is what we need? More morning exercises! Now I know that winter arrived with a vengeance this weekend, with first an ice storm and then a snow storm two days later ..... but maybe it isn't the weather that is getting us down, but the lack of organized exercise at our place of work or school??

This video is of a school in China and, as I watched, I tried to picture this daily drill happening here. I can already hear parents complaining that their child can not participate because .... they have a cold ... they don't like gym class .... they forgot their exercise outfit at home .... they had too much homework and have a note to explain why they were allowed to sleep in this morning .... they prefer volleyball/soccer/chess club .... it's raining and they fear their child might melt .... etc..etc...etc



Well, I suppose it will be no surprise when China wins many medals in the next Olympics. And, at least, we will have our excuse ready!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is hilarious!!!

Love the mana mana song ....
Was that from the muppet show? Anyhoo ... brings me way back!

Julie

Yvette said...

As a Canadian, it almost pains me to have to say this, but Canadian kids couldn't handle it, I don't think. Living in Europe, I see a lot of ways that Swiss kids, for example, are way less coddled than North American kids. Of course, all kids are different...

Anonymous said...

Both times we were in China we walked past where kindergarten age children were out doing their morning excercizes...all standing in such straight lines and waving in unison brightly colored pom poms! It was so cute!