Saturday, October 07, 2006

Nanchang driving

Someone sent me a link to this video yesterday. If you have already been to China, I am sure it will be no surprise, but it did make us laugh!! Whenever someone tells me that Montrealers are bad/aggressive drivers ... I always wonder how they would handle driving in South America (where a red light is only a "suggestion") ... or in Asia!!!! :) And, trust me, this video was NOT shot during Nanchang's rush hour, and doesn't capture any of the yaks, nor people lighting fire crackers, that we saw participating in the trafic near our hotel!

We did see several accidents while we in China, including a couple of bike to car smash ups .... so keep your head up while you are walking ... and hum "Nanchang driving" to yourself as you dodge traffic!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Glad you dropped by our blog! I enjoyed the video on NanChang traffic!...though, it was pretty tame compared to some that we experienced in China! Most of all, I remember the continual honking of horns 24 hours a day, seven days a week! To me THAT characterizes NanChang traffic--constant horn blowing and utter chaos!

Your daughter is absolutely adorable! You have some really great photos of her, too!

~Monica
(of threedumplings.blogspot.com )

glo said...

Oh My gosh...well I haven't been to China as my sweet grand baby came from Mexico, but that is absolutely amazing to me. There is not right of way anywhere by what I could see. Kind of Go for it, and hope for Mercy if you aren't the biggest Guy.

Pictures of your little gal are prescious.

Yes time goes by very fast once they get homw. How come it was so slow before!!!

Thanks for stopping by to see Elia. I have already been promised more pictures to update in a couple of weeks. LOL.

Unknown said...

Wasn't that something! Everyday we thought we were taking our life in our hands just crossing the street! We were at the Jin Feng in February 06... when were you guys there?

Great to see another JanigXi Jewel!
She is simply stunning!
Missy - Mom to Empress Fussy Pants

4D said...

Crazy! Hope the bus has seatbelts!

Keep smilin!

Ray said...

I won't complain about the Capital Beltway ever again! That video brings back not-too-fond memories of our taxi ride from the Hotel Gloria to the Wal Mart in Nanchang. Terrifying doesn't begin to describe it.

Nanchang: Where traffic signals are only a suggestion.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

That is crazy traffic, are there any stop signs or traffic light because it looks like there are no rules? Going to remember to be really careful when I go!

Patrick said...

I've been to China and this is a familiar sight. A beautiful sight! From a distance though. :-)

Accidents are not so funny. We experienced two flat tires on a bus, and the driver still wanted to continue driving! Luckily we could persuade him not to do that. Otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here writing this reaction. :)

Briana's Mom said...

Oh my gosh! That is terrifying! And I thought Atlanta traffic was bad!