You see, I was doing the laundry last night and as I pulled the clothes out of the washer, I also pulled out our camera. Now, I KNOW that I didn't throw the camera in the wash, and although I could make a few jokes at some men's lack of laundry know-how, the man of this house knows how to do laundry and would certainly never put the camera through the washer ...... so we are pretty sure we know who did it!
Actually, we do distinctly remember the camera sitting on the table and I do remember leaving the laundry basket unattended for about 5 minutes while I went to get a stray pair of socks, so our best guess is that the suspect operated quickly during this time period and then blended into the scenery and tried to look innocent (probably not too hard as her attention span is only about 45 seconds ... doubt if she even remembers pulling on the camera cord to get a better look before it fell into the unguarded laundry basket).
Oh well, I am sure it won't be the last thing she breaks/destroys, but we would have been happier had it been a less costly object! All that to say, enjoy the pumpkin picking photos!!!

10 comments:
Now I'm not supposed to laugh... ;-) But it's a funny story, although it's absolutely not so good, because digital camera's can be quite expensive! On the other hand, I'll bet the camera is superclean and shiny now. ;-) Maybe someone will pay something for it on ebay. You never know! Good luck with finding a new camera, meanwhile I'll make notes, to keep camera's far away from laundry...
Love the pictures, especially the Halloween effect of flying bats. You really do need to get a Flickr account though - the perfect comment to the picture of the 3 of you with the donkey would of course be "can you spot the ass?"
Oopsie! Luckily she has her looks and kisses to help you forget! It is sorta funny! I can see it and it is very chuckly!
Keep smilin!
How awful! But, someday you WILL find it humorous, too!
Hope you aren't without a camera too long. (Maybe hint to the grandparents that they will be missing out on lots of incredibly cute photos the longer you are deprived of a camera...Santa might come early!)
~Monica
Adorable pumpkin patch pics!!! And yikes about the camera! Happy Halloween!
Sorry to hear about the camera! But those pictures are terrific. Oh my gosh your little one is such a cutie pie!
wow what a story; unbelievable... you have a great sense of humour; useful when life throws you these curveballs...
xo
Love the photo's, it's so hard to be mad when they look so darn cute. I have the same problem with Thomas. At least christmas is just around the corner so santa might buy you a new camera!
I know who the cutest pumpkin is. Lovely photos. Sad about the camera, though. Enjoy your pumpkin book, Aveleen. love from NaiNai
Post a Comment